Welcoming New Members!
We have six new members to officially welcome to the Marketing Society! We are so excited that you are part of our team; it is going to be an incredible year with you!
Get To Know Us!
Who is Marketing Society?
We are your friendly neighbourhood marketing gang! Our goal is to prepare our members for their marketing careers by giving them access to a professional network, educating them through our workshops, and sharing the latest job postings.
What do you get from your membership?
- Free access to all of our workshops that focus on teaching adobe suite, social media marketing, networking tips, and more!
- Free entry to all of our networking events (some of the passed employers who attended include ZGM, Critical Mass, Coca Cola, Red Bull, and Park Digital).
- Access to projects that will help you earn your CPP hours needed to graduate.
- Accessibility to our job postings (employers are known to reach out to our society first about job postings for students).
If you have more questions, feel free to message us on Facebook!
Project Alert – Universal Access!
Trying to figure out how to accomplish those 900 CPP hours? Or need something to put on a resume? Marketing Society has you covered! This year, Marketing Society has partnered with local social enterprise, Universal Access, to provide a project! Students will be conducting disability accessibility assessments of local bars and restaurants in order to provide a community of spaces that regardless of ability can all utilize! If you are interested in learning more about this project and how it can help you out as a current student, feel free to reach out to our projects leader who is in charge! His email is: email@example.com.
Event Alert – Bissett Networking Day!
All students taking business courses are invited to attend a full-day professional conference on January 31st, 2019 | 8:00am-3:50pm.
Bissett Networking Day is an excellent opportunity for Mount Royal students to network with employers, learn about industry trends, gain new skills and hear from industry professionals.
To kick it off, MRU Marketing Society is having a Networking Breakfast! If you’re saying to yourself that nothing is worth getting up and being at the school that early, you are wrong! This is one of our best events of the year and is an incredible opportunity to network with marketing professionals and find out some marketing jobs that are out there that you may have never heard of. A wide variety of industries and agencies will be attending! There is limited availability for this event, so please make sure to arrive on time. The event runs from 8:30am-10:00am in EC 1040!
BND 2019 will include a keynote luncheon presentation and eight break-out sessions, addressing careers in Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Social Innovation, International Business, and Aboriginal Business.
BND will be held in Ross Glen Hall and the Taylor Centre for Performing Arts and will include:
- A Career Expo where companies and professional associations will display their job opportunities and career choices.
- Small sections discussing different management careers.
- A Keynote Presentation over lunch: Bret Hart.
- Networking opportunities.
Thanks For Reading!
That’s all the updates for now! These newsletters will be sent out twice a month to keep you updated on any important information concerning events, workshops, merchandise, job and volunteer opportunities, and more! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to follow us on social media!